Saturday 20 October 2012

A lazy Saturday night

Last night after a long day at work I was tired and hungry.

I was keen for takeaway, but could not be bothered with the wait along with every man and his dog to park, order, pay and wait for the food.  I had the remainder of a 2010 Hunter Valley Semillon in the fridge and was keen to saviour it, but what to eat that required minimum preparation?

The answer:  gluten free fish and oven roasted chips.


There is a brand of gluten free frozen goodies that are available at Wooloworths.
They are Bayview Crumbed Gluten Free Flounder Fillets.  Straight from the freezer, into a hot oven for 18 minutes and they are done.  Yes not the healthiest item to eat but I am only human and this is an infrequent indulgence.

I serve them with roasted potato chips which are cooked at the same time as the fish and voila, dinner is served in all of its baked, delicious glory.

Last night I prepared potatoes cut into wedges and sweet potato cut into thick fingers as my version of hot chips.  I par boil them to speed up the cooking process.
Once they are par-boiled, I drain them and throw them onto a baking tray with olive oil and salt and into the oven until golden and crunchy, which is usually around 20 minutes.  Conveniently this is the same amount of time that it takes for the fish to cook.

Once the fish and potatoes are golden and sizzling, take them out of the oven and serve whilst still hot with tartare sauce as is my preference.  Not forgetting that cheeky glass of semillon!

Bayview Seafoods website click here

No comments:

Post a Comment