Saturday 18 August 2012

Out and About - Gluten Free Mexican

In the cold weather especially the sudden winter chill that has returned, we always reach for comfort foods - well, at least I do.  This week was no exception.  Whilst at our local Westfields shopping centre, I walked past Guzmen y Gomez store and immediately wanted to eat there.  Great customer I am, I see the sign and the front of the store and immediately drool and have to eat there - a marketing person's dream I am sure!


The reason that I do like to eat here is that it is fresh food, prepared reasonably quickly and it is delicious, but most of all it is gluten free!  They have a number of items on the menu that are gluten free with my 'usual' being the Chicken Burrito Bowl.

They also have fantastic corn chips, delicious when eaten as soon as you receive them as they are hot and also gluten free.  These are the corn chips used in the nachos.

Guzman y Gomez also have corn tortillas, that technically are gluten free, which are used for the quesadillas and tacos. The only snag is that they are toasted on the same press that the wheat tortillas are toasted on.  For some people they may be happy with this, but I prefer not to tempt fate, so I personally prefer not to try these.

As a GF eater, I do enjoy stopping by Guzman y Gomez for a bite to eat without the worry of 'what can I eat?'  There are more stores popping up so stop by one for lunch on the run or a fun dinner, my only recommendation is that you approach the chilli sauce with caution - it is extremely hot!

For your nearest Guzman y Gomez visit their website:  http://www.guzmanygomez.com

No comments:

Post a Comment